When I first heard about compression sleeves, I didn’t really know what their purpose was. I had seen people wearing them while running and also after running, but besides coming in cute colors I didn’t really get it. So, I started looking into it.
I took to Twitter and asked some of my followers if they use compression sleeves and what brand they use. After going through the responses I saw an overwhelming preference for Zensah Compression Sleeves. According to some of my followers, the Zensah sleeves aren’t as tight on your calves as some other brands and provide great support, so I decided to order a pair.
Of course I ordered the sleeves in the hot pink color (how could I resist?) and when they came in the mail I tried them on immediately. They felt great on my calves and weren’t too tight. So what are the benefits? Well according to Zensah, “gravity can cause a build-up of fluid in the muscles and surrounding tissue, which increases swelling and recovery time.” Long, hard runs can amplify this inflammation and cause recovery time to be much longer than needed.
Through their seamless compression technology, Zensah claims their sleeves can relieve these post-run symptoms and reduce any aches and pains related to exercise. After wearing them for a couple of weeks after my runs I have to agree. The sleeves pinpoint tension I feel in my shins and calves and leave my legs feeling fresher than ever.
Some other benefits?:
- Improve performance- there’s a much shorter recovery period after long or hard runs when I wear my Zensah sleeves post-run.
- Increase oxygen blood flow to your lower legs- this will help you legs feel strong and fresh. More oxygen in your blood, the better!
- You can wear them before, during or after runs- So far I’ve only worn them after my runs (it’s too hot right now to wear them during) but they make my legs feel amazing! But you can test it out and see when it works best for you!
- Provide stabilization for muscles during runs
- Overall leg health- increasing circulation in your lower legs, ESPECIALLY post-run is so important for your overall leg health. Gotta keep that blood pumping!
- Quite frankly, they make you look like a serious runner!
As you can see, I’m a big fan of these things. They can run pretty expensive (mine were about $40) but the benefits you’ll get for reducing your post-run recovery will be so worth it!
(Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review. I bought my Zensah Compression Sleeves with my own money.)