- I wrote a post yesterday asking you to help a former colleague of mine and incredible journalist, James Foley, who was kidnapped in Syria while on assignment and has been missing for six months. Please take a few minutes to add your name to the list and join the appeal for his release.
- A great list courtesy of Laura Schwecherl about why you should drink more water now! – 12 Unexpected Reasons to Drink More Water This New Year via Greatist
- If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to get faster (me, me!) then you should definitely read these tips from Teri at A Foodie Stays Fit – 7 Ways I Significantly Increased My Running Speed via A Foodie Stays Fit.
- I have always been a big proponent of the “everything in moderation” motto, especially when it comes to nutrition. I don’t believe in restriction because I think that’s a one-way ticket to binging later on. To that effect, read this – Resolved: Eat the Damn Cookie via Remy’s World (Runner’s World)
- As for my favorite run this week, it would have to be my 12-miler on Monday. The run felt amazing and as effortless as a 12-mile training run can feel. I’m so ready for the runDisney Half-Marathon next weekend!
- This is how I’m going to make 2013 count. How will you #makeitcount?