As I’ve said before, I was never really a runner, but every day that passes while I continue my running routine I am started to love it more and more. I’ve started to look forward to running each day and miss it on my days off. Here are some of the top reasons you should start this amazing confidence-boosting, calorie-burning, envigorating exercise.
- You can run anywhere and everywhere because there is no equipment necessary.
- No gym necessary so you can save some cash.
- The running community is open and inviting so it’s a great opportunity to meet new people.
- You might live longer because runners have fewer disabilities, remain active longer than their less active counterparts.
- Although I don’t think people should exercise with the sole focus of burning calories, they should exercise to become fit and healthy, running is one of the top calorie-burning exercises.
- Running helps to boost your metabolism after you’ve finished.
- You can change up the scenery of your fitness routine- indoors, outdoors, on a treadmill, on a trail, on the beach, wherever!
- It’s a mood booster.
- Running solo can help you to focus on your life and maybe even have a moment of self discovery.
- It reduces stress, fights depression and anxiety, and can even boost your creativity.
- Running can even invigorate your sex life!
- Most importantly, running can give you goals to work towards.
There are so many other benefits of running but besides all of the natural health benefits I see running as your “you” time. It’s a time for you to clear your head and do something healthy for yourself. I find that running is a great time to do some thinking, brainstorming or reflection about my day and what’s going on in my life. Also, for me running started out as a goal and as I continue to reach the goals I set each week my goals keep getting bigger.